Saturday, June 26, 2010

Simple Things

Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday. ~Don Marquis
Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment. ~Robert Benchley

I am the QUEEN of procrastination Today was packed with things due in my classes. I woke up early to try to get everything done. I didn’t…. I was finishing a Old Testament paper while in Old Testament. Luckily I was able to print it off before class ended. When all of my classes were done and I was walking back to my room took a deep breath to finally relax. In that moment I thought, “I REALLY don’t like rushing to get things done.” I laid down for about 4 mins when someone knocked on the door to borrow something. I figured that since I was already up, I might as well go do something. As I was walking back up to the 6 floor I said a little prayer thanking Heavenly Father for helping me get done with all of my assignments. Then I had this impression to stop and read the Ensign. (Every floor has a table of Ensigns laying out… Now I know why. haha) I really didn’t want to so I walked up one more floor and “oh look, there’s some more ensigns.” I’d already read the presidency message in this months issue but I felt like I should read another article in it. As soon as I opened it my eye was caught by the article titled ‘Don’t be in a Hurry.’ Coincidence? I think not. The article gave four areas where the tendency to hurry may blind us to the “immediate goodness of God.” As I was reading I kinda had to laugh at Gods hand is ALWAYS in our life, but we just have to see it.
http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideNav=1&locale=0&sourceId=9decc79fed3b8210VgnVCM100000176f620a____&vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just so you know, even though these comments say they are from "Steve" they are actually from Me! Your mom! Love you and miss you!