Wednesday, June 29, 2011

bamBOOOOO

Grandpa Barrow hired Steven and I to cut all the bamboo down at the cabin. The picture below doesn't even show 1/2 of the darn bamboo!



I like to think of myself as a pretty optimistic person; but cutting down the bamboo showed a whole new side of me that I didn't even know existed. My Dad is a property manager. Our yard work was usually done by the people that worked for my dad. Therefore, I haven't really done yard work. Sure, I would rake or weed sometimes but nothing to big. I was dead after 30 mins of cutting down this bamboo! I kept thinking "ok kt, you are one of those hard core wives; like a pioneer wife!" Then I would think "But I don't want to be a pioneer wife!" Seriously, biggest mental game I've played in a long time. Poor Steven. haha. He didn't think it was that bad. He made sure to listen to my complaining but he wouldn't join in with my bamboo trash talk. He always sets a good example to me. Every girl should want to marry a guy like Steven.

One of Stevens life goals is to beat me in basketball. Cute... One of the houses we are house sitting for has a small arcade basketball game. Steven's goal will have to wait a little longer. I creamed him...

1 comment:

Aaron and Tamra Tossey said...

This is awesome!! one you would be suprised to know how had that is to cut bamboo and two I miss playin ball w/ ya, unfortunately for me Aaron ALWAYS beats me!