Friday, April 30, 2010

I'm here! And kind of alive...


After a pretty loooooong flight and a lot (probably too many) sleeping pills I have made it to the Holy Land! I can't believe I am here! The center is amazing. I feel like I am living in a museum or even a temple. When I was little I would get lost in the new houses we would move to and those were only 2 stories. The Center has 8 FLOORS!!! haha. Let's just say I've only been late to 3 of the 4 meetings I've had. The first day here we had to go to two of our classes to meet our teachers. EVERYONE was asleep (including me). The teacher/student relationship here is different than normal classes. For instance, when we met our teachers I just couldn't keep my eyes open and one yells "EDDINGTON!!!!! I can already tell that I will love you but keep trying to keep your eyes open." Yesterday we broke up into small groups with our teachers and went into the Old City. My teacher said that we'll get to know the Old City like the back of your hand. Maybe 20 mins into our tour I had no idea where I was or how I had gotten there.... soo.... I'm sure I'll get to know where I am at. I can't stop staring at the people here. I am fascinated by the many cultures.
Today I had my first two classes. WOOOOOW. I did all of the readings for my O.T class and when we took our first quiz I got a 3 out of 10. Two of those questions were "did you bring your scriptures" and "did you do your readings." lol. The third question was "what is the origin of the word bible and what is the meaning of that word." Surprisingly, I got that one right! (In case you're wondering its Greek, Biblia, meaning "the Books") I've never felt more intimidated in the class room then I do now but I have such a desire to do well.
For the past while I've been looking for something more... I've had a desire to learn more and be fluent in the scriptures. Here's my chance! Everything is related to the Gospel here. The administrators relate our experience here at the Jerusalem Center to be very much like an MTC experience. I feel so blessed to be here.

4 comments:

Lauren Ricks said...

i was dead asleep the first week basically so don't feel bad. the first time out in the city is like, uh... i didn't know this exsisted outside of movies, huh? I LOVE that you have a blog! i get so happy reading it!!!!

Krystle Forester said...

Um. . . More please:)PS- I miss you mucho!

Brenda said...

Pics of you would be nice also KT. Sounds like you are already having a good time. So glad you have a blog. Oh an hey, Becky is starting to take a few steps!
Brenda

Kindy said...

It reminds me of when we were in New York and I said if we didn't have Mindy, we would be so so so so lost. I miss you so much, I don't know how I'll get by the whole summer without you. It will probably go by so fast for you. I'm glad you made a blog so you can always be a part of me.