Sunday, July 18, 2010

Missing Galilee Already

Got lost in Nazareth (I almost had a panic attack), Capernaum, The Mt. of Beattitudes (sermon on the mount), Mt. Hermon (mount of Transfiguration), went on a boat ride across the Sea of Galilee, Church of Nain, rafting down the Jordan River, hiking to waterfalls, bonfires, morning scripture study on the shore, tanning while reading the four gospels and Jesus the Christ and much more! It's amazing at where the spirit can be felt. Lauren posted this on her blog while she was here and it kinda sums up my feelings (if that is even possible):
"Lord, I am living in the land where you once lived. —
I am standing where you stood;
I am wandering the paths you walked,
Though I cannot hear your voice teaching at the temple,
I can hear the testimonies of your pupils.
I cannot feel you in these erected holy places,
But I feel you in sweet hymns that lullaby my heart.
I cannot see you in the icons of lavish churches,
But I see you in the faces that surround me.
I cannot touch your pierced hands and feet,
But your mercy touches and pierces my soul.
I will not taste the slightest of thy burdens
But you have tasted the bitterness of mine.
I cannot comprehend your tender mercies,
But I know you comprehend the paths I’ll walk.
I cannot forget you, I will not forget you.
Not here or anywhere.”

Galilee was amazing. We did a lot of spiritual growing, bonding with the other JC students, reading and pulling pranks. When we came back from Egypt I couldn't wait to get back but Galilee was so peacful. I wanted to finish out the semester there. We have Jordan in 7 days! I only have a short time left here and I want to make the very most of it!

No comments: