Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Is it possible to feel betrayed by the meal menu? YES!

There's some things in this world that you just don't kid around about... One of those is chocolate... I'm deprived of cooking while here so my weekly brownies is non existent. Within the first week of being here they gave us chocolate multen cake. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! It was soo good! My stomach was doing a dance it was so happy. Well... 2 weeks ago I look on the food calendar for when cake day is. When that day rolled around, I was SO happy all day. I was almost giddy about it. When I get to dinner I go right to the dessert section. No chocolate multen cake. Jello... JELLO?!?!?!?! Strike one. Then the calendar said that yesterday was "cake day." My first thought when I woke up was "CAKE DAY!!!!" All day I had a smile on my face because I just new that today was the day for cake. People were even excited FOR me. haha. So naturally when dinner starts I go right for the dessert section. Can anyone guess what happened next? NO CAKE! Strik two. My heart sank. I went straight over to Awkman, the head chef, "seriously Awkman!? I can't handle getting my hopes up any more. We need to work on our trust levels. First, lets start with the meal menu." He hardly understands english so we'll see how it turns out next week. The menu lies... Lesson learned

1 comment:

Krystle Forester said...

Oh I'm sorry eddy! I will send you chocolate, give me your address. Also will I need to cover it with Jesus wrapping paper so people won't steal it? Or can I even send food. . . We will make it work;) LOVE YOU!