Friday, May 20, 2011

Motivation

I LOVE Biggest Loser! There's a lot of trash out in the media but I seriously think that if you're going to watch ANYTHING on TV that Biggest Loser is the show to watch. It's about morbidly obese people who want to make a change in their lives; to loose weight.
These are the last four contestants. The two on the right in purple are the final two (which is GREAT because they're my favorite!). The green guy and orange girl are having America vote for them to see which one will weigh in with the two purple girls for the FINALS!!! Olivia, the purple shirt with short hair is my ABSOLUTE favorite. She is basically my life motto, which is: "Easy things make men weak. I can do hard things. And with Lords help, I can do all things." She is seriously awesome!

Every time I watch this show, I am always inspired to be better. I need to be reminded of this often. I'll forget what my purpose is but then something comes along to re motivate myself.
My class actually took the DISC personality test and turns out I all about motivation and optimism. Test like the DISC are always intimidating because sitting in front of you is a sheet of paper that has all of your character strengths and weaknesses. These type of tests are also comical because they really are true. Katie Palmer (best friend since 5th grade) and I took the color code test once and when we looked at how we should act around each others specific color, we felt like we took a gigantic step up the friend ladder. haha. Here's my DISC description:

Persuader Pattern

Emotion: trusts others; enthusiastic
Goal: authority and prestige; a variety of status symbols
Judges others by: ability to verbalize; flexibility
Influences others by: friendly manner; openness; verbal adeptness
Value to the organization: seller, closer, delegates responsibility, poised, confident
Over uses: enthusiasm, oversells, optimism
Under pressure: becomes soft and persuadable; organized when desiring to look good
Fears: a fixed environment

Persuaders work with and through people. That is they strive to do business in a friendly way while pushing forward to achieve their own objectives. Possessing an outgoing nature and interest in people, Persuaders have the ability to gain the respect and confidence of various types of people. Persuaders have the ability to bring people to their point of view, not only drawing people to them but retaining them as clients or friends.

Work with people, challenging assignments, variety of work and activities that require mobility provide the most favorable environment for Persuaders. As a result of their natural positive outlook, Persuaders may be too optimistic about the results of projects and the potential of people. Persuaders also tend to overestimate their ability to change the behavior of others.

When they are alerted to the importance of the "little things," adequate information helps them balance their enthusiasm with a realistic assessment of the situation.

No comments: